I came across this enticing recipe while I was surfing the internet for a flourless peanut butter cookie. I had been dreaming of peanut butter cookies the night before ( Yes, I dream about these types of things…) and since I have recently decided to cut out unnecessary gluten and wheat from my diet (for multiple health reasons) I opted for this recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction. Having looked over the recipe and ingredients and knowing how I prefer my peanut butter cookies, I did, however, make adjustments. Feel free to check out the original recipe at :http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/03/23/flourless-peanut-butter-oatmeal-cookies/ Or try my slightly tweaked version! Either way, enjoy and happy baking. Ingredients:
- 2/3 Cup Old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/4 Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup All natural crunchy or smooth peanut butter (Ex: Laura Scudder’s)
- 6 Tbs. Packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup – 1/2 cup Semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- In a small/medium bowl mix together rolled oats, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large bowl beat eggs. Add peanut butter and sugar. Mix with rubber spatula until combined.
- Pour oat mixture into wet ingredients and using rubber spatula stir until well incorporated.
- Gently fold chocolate chips into batter.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper if it is not non-stick.
- Place about 1/2 Tbs rounds of batter onto baking sheet spacing about 1 inch apart. Flatten each round slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy! ( Since I am lactose intolerant I loved dipping these into a glass of organic coconut milk ) 🙂